Because the San Diego Psychiatric Society is a district branch of the American Psychiatric Association, when you are a member, you will enjoy the combined benefits of both organizations.
This includes, but is not limited to:
- Discounts on CME events, including the annual American Psychiatric Association meeting and Institute on Psychiatric Services meeting
- Invitations to special events hosted by the San Diego Psychiatric Society
- Inclusion on the San Diego Psychiatric Society website’s Doctor Finder, available to the public and interested parties
- Free ABPN-approved, Performance-in-Practice Modules that satisfy the Maintenance of Certification requirements ($400 in savings per module)
- Free ABPN-approved, self-assessment activities through e-Focus that satisfy the Maintenance of Certification requirements
- Advocacy for you and your patients at the county, state and national levels
- 50% discount off online-CME through the American Psychiatric Association
- Free issues of the monthly San Diego Psychiatric Society newsletter
- Free advertising in the monthly San Diego Psychiatric Society newsletter and website
- Networking through the San Diego Psychiatric Society council, social events, newsletter, membership directory and other opportunities
Legal Information and Consultation Plan Available to APA Members
The American Psychiatric Association Legal Information and Consultation Plan is available exclusively to psychiatrists who are APA members. For a separate fee, members can obtain practice related legal consultation on managed care contracts, subpoenas, HITECH amendments to HIPAA, malpractice, risk management and third-party reimbursement.