What We Stand For
The San Diego Psychiatric Society is committed to advocating on behalf of psychiatrists and their patients. We are actively engaged in efforts in our region, state and nation, and collaborate with the American Psychiatric Association and other organizations on key issues.
A 2020 survey of our membership highlighted these areas of importance for advocacy:
- Access and availability of crisis care services
- Preservation of patient safety and adequate education and training of independent practitioners
- Criminalization of individuals suffering from severe mental illness
- Availability of substance use disorder spectrum of care, including but not limited to: integration in the county system, Suboxone education and awareness and access to medication-assisted treatment
- Health insurance parity for psychiatric care, including coverage and reimbursement of telepsychiatry services
- Mental health education in schools
- The coordination of care between different facilities, clinics and levels of care
- Preservation of public health funding, including during COVID-19
To learn more about how to get involved or to voice an opinion, please contact us at [email protected].